Wednesday, July 19, 2006

July 19th??

What exactly have I done since school got out on June 20th? I wanted to map out the entire year of Pre-College English. Nope, haven't done that. I wanted to create a central website for my classroom. Nope, haven't done that. I wanted to purchase and read a book to improve my ability at teaching Literary Analysis. Nope. Read any book of significance. Nope. Have a few chapters of a book idea written. Not even close.
I have been teaching summer school, though only a 2.5 hour session--now that's a story I won't touch on this site. I have played in some poker tournaments--thus the need to teach summer school. I have played golf--again, summer school.
Sometimes I can be really lazy.

5 Comments:

At 6:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck yeah! I haven't done anything since the first week or two we had off. My house was clean, my laundry was done. I hadn't even begun to think of school stuff yet. Ugh.

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

And the problem with being lazy is...?

 
At 4:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny I just blogged about the same kinda thing...hmmm...

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger Dennis Fermoyle said...

Not to worry, Mr. McNamar. I just read "The Myth of Laziness" by Dr. Mel Levine, and learned that no one is really lazy. You've just had a lot of "output failure" this summer. I hope this makes you feel better.

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Mr. McNamar said...

Output failure, input failure, who knows!?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home