Monday, February 05, 2007

Whaddya Wanna bet...?

That I will always give in when two days before grades are due, I'll still accept those two assignments that will allow a student to pass--even though the deadline was a week ago.
That second semester seniors will be more of a handful than first semester seniors.
That as chalkboards disappear, we'll need a new high pitched way to get students' attention.
That even though I don't know the whole story, this story just, just....
That if you don't have passion for teaching students or your subject, you won't last long.
That Mr. McNamar, who has been fined many times for driving 70 in a 60 or 65 in a 55, fully supports fining parents for missing conferences.
That I would take it a step further and fine them for not responding to e-mail or phone calls.
That no matter how long we ask for parents to be held accountable for their students education, we will always come out the losers.
That even though kids can say whatever they want and post whatever they want on their Myspace accounts, teachers that blog will always have to vent carefully.
That it shouldn't stop teachers from adding to the blogosphere.
That a good book is better than a good movie.
That I am glad for the start of second semester, even if my class list is virtually the same.
That this post is over for tonight because Jeopardy starts in four minutes.
That you were wrong if you guessed that would be the last, "Whaddya wanna bet..." for this post.
That I kept going because I realized why my students are starting to put me into the thirty year old category six months too soon!

1 Comments:

At 6:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeopardy? What's next, Wheel of Fortune? Before you know it you'll be sitting half-catatonic in front of the Weather Channel at 6 AM wondering what the barometric pressure is going to be and trying to figure out how that's going to affect your day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home