Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Whaddya Wanna Bet?

I once dared to attach odd to a previous "Whaddya Wanna Bet?" only to have someone take me up on the bet. I haven't paid out yet because no data wall has been presented to support her claim. Once the data exists, she can then be paid in full! Congratulations to all the teachers who survived yet another school year with someone else's well adjusted kids. And now, the summer kick-off edition.
Whaddya wanna bet...

That after a year of reading a script for Corrective Reading classes, I have forgotten how to actually write my own lesson plans?
That any great education reform effort, from career academies to grade-level teams, will only find success if the right people are board?
That the media and political powers are quick to recognize inequality between the suburbs and the city, but often miss the inequality between the rural schools and everyone else?
That speaking of inequality, the greatest inequality we face in public education is not money but expectations?
That I am going to miss Dennis at From the Trenches?
That with a second child on the way, I wonder if it isn't time for the Daily Grind to come to a halt?
That Coach Brown's recommendations from students are both laughable and insightful; and we shouldn't be afraid to ask the question?
That I still tell the story of my first year of teaching when a group of girls said I played favorites with boys because they liked baseball and that particular group of boys said I played favorites with the girls because I let them talk about whatever they wanted?
That I am very proud of those students from my first year of teaching who have just graduated from college?
That I am just as proud of those students from that year who will graduate from college soon?
That I'd rather hang on like Brett Favre instead of retire from blogging?
That I feel old?
That for some districts it isn't just a bad apple, it's a bad crop?
That I need a good book to read this summer?

2 Comments:

At 2:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just as with any big event, you should not make any far reaching decisions so soon after the trauma of closing the year.

I'd say sleep on it for a few days and see who you feel. I'll bet (LOL) the blogging has served many purposes in your own life and that of others.

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger Coach Brown said...

Things my students liked about my teaching come up tonight. They will open the picture up more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home