Sunday, May 14, 2006

Scapegoat vs. TRUTH

D-Ed Reckoning always has the tone in his writing to just needle me a bit. But at least he is able to handle a debate without getting too snarky. Here is his latest jab:
I've been debating the merits of effective instruction vs. blame the students lately.

The part he has wrong is the "blame students" part. Now, I know what I have written from a denotation perspective, but apparently, KDeRosa has heard something far different than what I have written.
So here is what this high school teacher believes:
Some teachers are highly effective and most students learn.
Some teachers are effective and many students learn.
Some teachers are less effective some students learn.
Some teachers are not very effective and still some students learn.
Some teachers use scripted programs, like Direct Instruction or READ 180 (A program I use and have some success and some failure with) and most students learn.
Some teachers use scripted programs, like Direct Instruction or READ 180 and many students learn.
Some teachers use scripted programs, like Direct Instruciton or READ 180 and some students learn.
Some students are wealthy and learn.
Some students are wealthy and don't learn.
Some students are poor and learn.
Some students are poor and don't learn.
Some students are motivated and learn.
Some students are motivated and don't learn.
Some students are unmotivated and learn.
Some students are unmotivated and don't learn.
Some parents are involved with their student's education and the student learns.
Some parents are not involved with their student's education and the student learns.
Some parents are involved with their student's education and the student learns.
Some parents are not involved with their student's education and the student learns.

How do I know this? How do I know the sources are credible?

BECAUSE I TEACH. BECAUSE I CARE. BECAUSE EVERYDAY I SEE IT PLAYED OUT. MY CLASSROOM AND MY SCHOOL ARE MY CASE STUDY.

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

got carried away with Ctrl-C,Ctrl-V. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home