Thursday, August 10, 2006

Forgive me.

I know this is an education blog. I know the people that read this blog expect education related news or commentary. But as the dog days of summer roll along like thunderclaps over the Appalachains, I have found my stress level rising because of my beloved Red Sox.
A four game losing streak?
Jonathan Papelbon, the savior, apparently is not superman.

This season is falling apart faster than Phil Mickelsen with a 2 stroke lead on the 18th hole of completing the Grand Slam.
This season is falling apart faster than Maurice Clarett with a bottle of vodka.
This season is falling apart faster than Takeru Kobayashi can finish a hot dog.
This season is falling apart faster than Floyd Landis can come up with a new excuse.
This season is falling apart faster than Isaiah Thomas ruined the Knicks.
This season is falling apart faster than T.O. can piss off the quarterback.

I could go on.
Teddy Ballgame, help.

2 Comments:

At 2:27 PM , Blogger Andrew Pass said...

I feel your pain. I grew up in Chicago and am a Cubs fan. I'm still a Cubs fan. But I live in Detroit. Go Tigers. Can you believe the incrdible season that my adopted home town team is having?

Andrew Pass
http://www.Pass-Ed.com/blogger.html

 
At 7:52 PM , Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

I also confess to Cub fandom, having grown up in a state without a baseball team but with WGN on tv. Meanwhile, look at what is happening to the Cardinals! At least the Red Sox have won World Series recently....

Who was it they beat, again?

Oh, yeahh.....

AND they got a movie out of it, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home