Saturday, December 16, 2006

Wicked Weather

I've refrenced my self-diagnosed Adult A.D.D. in previous posts. With this in mind, I enter the Christ...er...Holi...er...Winter Break with as much anticipation as dread. My 8 month old will ensure that I don't get the pleasure of sleeping in, which means I'll be up at around the same time as normal. But, I won't have anything to do. Well, at least not anything that I want to do.

I required an essay due the day before the break--which started early because of the wind storm that swept through the Pacific Northwest, knocking out power at a couple of the schools in the district and forcing us all to have yet another day off. That makes four make-up days in June. The current last day is now June 27th. I've never been in school that late, and I grew up in New England Nor'easters. Those essays will be what keep me from a panic attack on the flight from Seattle to Hartford--hopefully.

My house still doesn't have power, so we've relocated to a friend's house. It sure is nice to be warm again.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM , Blogger The Science Goddess said...

Hang in there! I was lucky---power was only out at my place for 13 hours. I am definitely not looking forward to all of the make-up days.

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I can't imagine what you people "up there" are going through. I'm glad you found a warm, dry place to camp in until your house has power again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home