Monday, March 23, 2009

Flittering

Much is happening these days in The Daily Grind. The winds of life have me moving here and there and back again.
After a successful Seniors vs. Staff basketball game, I was asked to be the incoming freshmen class advisor and begin planning the next successful fundraiser and community builder. Yes and yes. As I finally begin to find my role in my second year at what I still consider my new shool, I'm realizing what I can offer to an organization as well as where I need improvement. I take great pride in the successeful community building we've had this year.
After finding no openings for summer school teacher in the district, I was able to land an extraordinary opportunity with Stepping Stones Academy in Hartford. This program identifies and develops middle school students for prestigious private high schools. This will be an invaluable learning experience.
After reading Sweating the Small Stuff by David Whitman, a book about successful inner-city charter/public schools, I've talked my way onto the planning team of a New York City charter school. Again, this learning experience will prove invaluable at some point in my future.
Oh yeah, and my wife and I are expecting our second child. She's sensing a boy this time. I'm still not ready to predict.
So the Daily Grind grinds on.

4 Comments:

At 7:11 PM , Blogger ms-teacher said...

Congratulations!

 
At 7:29 PM , Blogger Kim Hughey said...

Congratulations both professionally and personally!

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger The Science Goddess said...

Congratulations on your soon-to-be-new addition!

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Ms. V. said...

Great on both accounts!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home