Sunday, August 20, 2006

Ethical Blogging

Mike Fancher of The Seattle Times has written a smart piece about the ethical concerns that come with the social networking sites. And because D.O.P.A. considers Blogger a social networking site, the article serves a purpose for all of us.
I wish I could say that every post I have written has been met with reader understanding and low-ego emissions. I don't think that has been the case. But, I will always strive for honesty, clarity, and humility in my writing. Forgive me, though, if I ever should fail.
The thirteen questions at the end of the article will greatly benefit me this fall as I teach my Pre-College English class. I am hoping to find a way to continue the practice of incorporating blogs as an essential component of my curriculum. In teaching my students about public writing, whether private, semi-private, or public, this article will serve those students well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home