Sunday, September 03, 2006

Anticipation

It takes too long to get the school year started. We met last week, on Wednesday, with the other department teachers in the district. Thursday we met with our school staff for all of the pertinant information. Friday was technically a day off, though I felt compelled to visit my classroom and tinker for a few hours. We get Monday off because of the holiday, and Tuesday is a self-directed workday. Finally, on Wednesday we'll see our first sighting of students!
This will be my third year teaching. I have taught both classes, Reading and Pre-College English, for the last three years. For the first time in my career, I feel quite prepared to teach. In fact, my expectation for this year is that it will be my best performance yet. I'm not perfect, but I feel like I am starting to hit my prime as a teacher. Thankfully, in education one's prime can last much longer than a professional athlete, whose window could only be a matter of five years.

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM , Blogger Andrew Pass said...

So, here's a question for you now that you are hitting your prime, What are you going to do to challenge yourself to keep learning and growing? In many ways I feel as if teachers should continuously be striving to reach their prime because this keeps us learning.

Andrew Pass
http://www.Pass-Ed.com/blogger.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home