Thursday, June 26, 2008

Obnoxious (A short Rant)

My wife and I sprung for an afternoon movie, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The plot disappointed me, but I was more bothered by the seating arrangement. With forty to fifty people in the entire theater, a grandmother, mother and child arrived just before previews and sit down, yes, right next to me. An entire theater open, and the grandmother chooses the seat next to me. But then she talks all through the previews and the first twenty minutes of the movie.
After we saw the movie, we stopped at our local Ford dealership to check out a Ford Escape Hybrid. We are in the market for a second vehicle; my choice would be the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Here's the obnoxious part: they didn't have one on the lot. And not only did they not have one on the lot, the salesman informed me that I will be hard pressed to find the Ford Escape Hybrid on a lot, but if I want to order one, it will be a 10 month wait.
Now, I see the commercials for this vehicle every night. Many of the morning shows are talking about this vehicle. But it isn't even available because production was limited.

1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM , Blogger Mike in Texas said...

I saw a commercial for the Boeing F32 (I think) the other day.

I think I'll rush right out and by my own $40 million fighter.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home