Friday, September 22, 2006

Vote of Confidence

My Central Office continues to discuss the curricular merit of bloggin in the classroom. I had hoped to have the issue figured out last week considering I've been using blogs for the previous two years. My students are beginning to wonder whether or not they will ever have the opportunity.
And while the C.O. debates this critical issue, I have heard from two former blogging students. One stopped by the school, she graduated with the class of '05, to say hello. In the discussion I told her of the situation. She said she'd be a witness if needed. The second vote of confidence came via a current student who has a friend from the class of '05. He had told her that the blogging assignment was the best one I had.
Here' hoping that after this week's round of meetings, my Central Office will realize the learning value of regular writing for a public audience.

3 Comments:

At 7:14 PM , Blogger The Science Goddess said...

Good luck with your Censorchimps. I was never ever able to convince ours that blogging was okay in educational situations. They're too caught up in "My Space" to think about other options. Ugh.

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger Sara said...

I think it was a great assignment too... at least when people put out the effort to fulfill the requirement and to show their own opinions through the blog. Not sure what I can do from Seattle for you, but let me know if there is anything I can say as a former student.

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Mr. McNamar said...

Thanks Sara. One way you could help is by starting your own blog instead of lurking in the shadows. Show us your brilliance!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home