Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ohhh S P I

O.S.P.I, or Office of the Superintendant of Public Intstruction, or something long and wordy like that, has a website. On that website, a teacher can download practice WASL questions. The WASL is Washington's version of making sure we don't leave any kids behind.
But, it seems the O.S.P.I. had someone on staff that they didn't want to get rid of. They couldn't seem to find a job for this person, so they created one. In the past, WASL sample reading selections, along with the questions that went with the reading selections, were available on line for teachers to use. A great resource for a teacher like me who has below grade level readers that will take the WASL in two weeks.
I had it in my plans to practice WASL reading selections over the next two weeks. I went to O.S.P.I.'s website to get the samples that had been there this summer. No joke; they were there this summer. However, I found that I could download the reading sample questions and host of other unnecessary material, but I couldn't download the reading selections. No, I was directed to request those by e-mailing some lady.
So, I e-mailed some lady. She replied back quickly, but ohhhh, the process it would be. She couldn't e-mail me a copy of the samples. Nope. She would have to snail-mail the damn things. Is this a joke? Wake me when it's over.

2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM , Blogger Dan Edwards said...

Ha Ha Ha. Sounds just like something that would happen down here in the Great People's Democrat Republic of Kallifornea......how much education money is this bureaucrat sucking from the kids of your state ?????

 
At 4:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you haven't gotten the snail mail versions yet, tell me which ones you want - I believe I have the passages for at least the first 5 modules on CD and can email them to you. Email me at exhaustedintern[at]gmail[dot]com. I didn't trust OSPI to keep them there, so I downloaded them over the summer!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home