Friday, June 22, 2007

The Daily Grind

I titled my blog The Daily Grind because I felt it represented the mundane aspects of what we do. The movies love to show teachers winning the battle against poverty, low expectations, and hopleseness. I knew going in that teaching is far less about cinematic presentations than about the daily grinding towards a goal. The Apostle Paul encouraged us to press on towards that goal, and by press on, I suppose he meant take it one moment at a time.
Well, my daily grind this year turned out to be a battle. I wish I had known going in that this battle would exist. I could have prepared for it. In my last post, I was unsure how the battle ended.
I am not quite sure if I know today. But either way, to that student who had to battle all the way through this year, and a few others, stay well.

1 Comments:

At 6:49 PM , Blogger CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

To "Stay well," you should probably add, "Stay the course." That's what you've done: Despite the daily grind, you've stayed the course.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home