So, I am waiting to hear back from the school I interviewed with. I can tell you that as the days go by, I am getting quite nervous, perhaps even scared. Both the preliminary and official interviews went well, so not hearing back right away has me wondering if my evaluation of the meetings is accurate.
My wife's two interviews also went well. She heard back from one district today. However, they are having difficulty reading Washington's certification. She is endorsed K-8, though primarily in Elementary. So, the district isn't sure whether Connecticut will recognize that difference. At the very least, they are interested in having her be a long-term substitute until it gets worked out.
This makes me think that there needs to be a unified certificate before having to shell out more money for National Boards. It doesn't make sense that she spent all that money to get an endorsement that may or may not be recognized by a school district in another state.
Well, I will continue to wait, though I am starting to get stir crazy.