Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Something Happened

Back in June of 2007, I turned thirty. This event did not register with me as having any great significance. Today it registered.
To make money during my high school years, I worked at McDonald's. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. When you repeat numbers thousands of times, you tend to remember them. So the $3.17 price for the two cheesburger meal will always remain in my head--recalling it may become difficult in later years!
Today, I stopped at a McDonald's to pick up a quick late dinner. I wasn't super hungry, so I ordered three items off the dollar menu--one double cheesburger, a small fry, and a small drink. The price: $3.24.
Now for the "something" happening. I'm officially old. It's been said before, but as I drove away I said to myself: "I remember when an entire extra value meal cost less than this." I have begun to say things that old people say!!! AAAAAHHHHH.
Pretty soon, my students will figure out that I am old. I can see it now, I make a reference to the good 'ole days of rap, when guys like Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac ruled the airwaves. The kids will look up and say, "Who? Dude, you're old."

3 Comments:

At 6:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep 'em learning and they won't care if you're old. Uh, much.

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger Mr. B-G said...

Tupac's music is eternal man. He's like the John Lennon of rap. Notorious is his McCartney.

 
At 6:41 PM , Blogger Dan Edwards said...

Ha ! Wait 'til you hit 40.....and you catch yourself saying things to your children that your parents said to you......

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home