Friday, March 21, 2008

Ohhhhh Canada!

I hope our American parents don't get any ideas from the Victoria, B.C. man suing his son's Montessori teacher for generally sucking (that's a paraphrase).
Actually, it seems more likely that parents will begin to sue teachers here in the good 'ole U. S. of A. because N.C.L.B. mandates that every student succeeds. In fact, I am now encouraging all graduates to pursue a degree in Law. 2014 is only six years away and the demand for good prosecuting attorneys will increase drastically.
Me, I am already planning my defense against these lawsuits. The way I see it, the current class of 2014 is now in the sixth grade. Knowing this, I am making the rounds at the Middle School parent meetings, charming them all with my high school teacher wit and charm.
Knowing that this will not be sufficient, I've contacted a Public Relations company to manage my image. With the right spinsters, I'll be able to pass the buck back onto the students who don't pass. Bill O'Reilly and Anderson Cooper will run opinion polls showing that 89% of local citizens have a favorable opinion of Mr. McNamar. The result, the jury will be so overwhelmed by my high school wit and charm, I'll walk free.

2 Comments:

At 2:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

New (but faithful) to your blog. Response to this one: Ha! I'll take Ivy League lawyers for $1,000, Alex.

~Future New Orleans English teacher, in months...yikes!

 
At 5:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there is a real possibility to escape prosecution through use of the insanity defense--we MUST be crazy if we chose to become teachers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home