Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Giddy

I get giddy when my books arrive from Barnes and Noble or Amazon. Today, four books arrived: Sports in Literature, Shakespeare Set Free, Inside Out: Strategies for Teaching Writing, and A Whole Other Ball Game: Women's Literature on Women's Sport
The two sports related books are in response to not having any books for the Sports Literature class I teach. The Shakespeare book will help me teach my 9th graders Romeo and Juliet, and the writing book is simply to stimulate thought for the year.

1 Comments:

At 6:20 PM , Blogger Diane said...

Hi
I just happened upon your site and have read through a number of your entries. I can certainly relate to the joy of new books, the frustration of data, data, data, and the feeling that we are all working for the betterment of our students, right?! I teach English and American Literature at a small high school in Illinois. It is also a calling I answered after 17 years in the world of Advertising Sales. It is my passion as well.
I will be sure to visit again and hope you'll visit my blog as well. tidbitstidingsanddailydoodles.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home