Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Things I think about while on vacation...

Ever wonder what other teachers do while on vacation? I do. I bought a new razor today. I'd read in GQ that this razor was worth the money. There are two things I need in the morning, without fail, in order for me to be happy. One is a hot shower, not medium hot, blazing hot. The second is a good shave.
I inherited my father's thick stubble. As a teenager I once told my father, "I can't wait to shave!" He shot down my enthusiasm with "No you don't." He was right. I've used the same razor, the Sensor Excell for the past 8-10 years. I love it. But I went out on a limb and tried what was recommended. Not as good.
I hate when I try something new and it doesn't work out. I usually stick to the same game plan: same restaruants, same television shows, same clothing outlet. When I deviate, I do so with great trepidation. Today I was reminded why.

2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM , Blogger graycie said...

I tend to stay with what I have found that I like. The only problem is that once I find something -- a kind of bread, a shade of lipstick, a brand of socks -- the manufacturer retires it or the store stops carrying it.

Sometimes I think people follow me around to see what I choose, so it can be discontinued. (These may be the same people who hide on the rooftops with binoculars and walkie-talkies who direct traffic so that I am always stuck.)

Paranoid? Not if they're really out to get me.

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger Janet said...

The week teachers get off around Christmas is surreal. Just when you get used to being off, it's time to go back again.

BTW, my link has changed
www.theartofgettingby.com

Happy new year!:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home