Monday, January 09, 2006

I've got nothing. So here was my day.

5:45--Shower
6:15--Out the door (is it only Monday?)
6:30--Starbucks
6:45--Read today's scenes from The Tempest
7:00--E-mail (never anything good on Monday morning)
7:15--Wander from room to room.
7:25--Stand outside my door and wait (is it really only 7:25)
7:30--Teach The Tempest. Think about how if only these seniors would turn in assignments.
8:25--Reading Class. Two of my computers are having software issues for the reading program. no one knows why.
9:15--Prep. Go to Border's to pick up a side-by-side companion for Romeo and Juliet. It's been on my to do list since last Thursday!
10:30--Teach Romeo and Juliet (is it 2:00 pm yet?)
11:35--Eat lunch. Talk x's and o's for tomorrows basketball game.
12:15--Reading Class. Still having computer issues. (i swear my clock is slow)
1:10--Teach Romeo and Juliet. Have a difficult time getting class to quiet down after the innuendos.
2:05--Freshman class officers meet. We realize that basically there is no fundraiser that is allowed, either because it might be construed as gambling (raffles, bingo, etc.) or it might make students fat (candy sales, valo-grams, etc)
2:30--Grade papers
3:15--Get a snack before practice
3:30--Team meeting. Listen as coach teaches nutrition--while I eat a sandwhich with chips and coke!
4:30--Weight room. Someone should teach these girls how to lift properly.
5:00--Practice. Big game tomorrow. We need a win.
7:00--Arrive home to a dinner my wife made. I was hungry again, so I ate it.
8:00--Paid the bills.
9:00--ESPN.com/Foxnews.com/CNN.com (is tomorrow only tuesday?)
9:45--Haven't blogged in a while and I had nothing to say but felt I needed to say something so I turned out this highly interesting piece on my day. Maybe you even read it!

5 Comments:

At 7:37 AM , Blogger Amerloc said...

Wish I had a Borders that close.

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger The Science Goddess said...

Are you going to OSPI in Seattle next week?

 
At 11:11 PM , Blogger Mrs. N said...

Two things -

1) What reading program are you teaching with computers? Read 180? If yes, email me; I'm dying to discuss it with people.

2) My freshmen sold magazines through some company. Worked well because the company had these postcard the kids could send out to friends and family without had selling, and the kids didn't handle any money. Could also do healthy food bake sale (granola bars, homemade applesauce) or valentine's grams with flowers.

 
At 5:58 PM , Blogger Mr. McNamar said...

Goddess--no, I am not...what is going on at OSPI?

Mrs. N-- Yes, I do use the READ 180. I enjoy it most of it.

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger Dan Edwards said...

Have a dance-a-thon....see post at EdWonks....

Your day, How typical for so many teachers! Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home