Monday, January 02, 2006

"Snap back to reality..."

Returning to the school this morning with a full day of teaching ahead of me, was not what I wanted to do. I'd complain about how unfair it was that, while the banks, the mail, and federal agencies were closed, my district had us teaching, I won't. We teachers, for all of the griping we do about pay and respect, sure have a nice vacation schedule.
But that doesn't mean I can't complain about waking up for work that first day after vaction. My wife, a teacher as well, had the day off--adding to my morning frustrations--and so I was left to rouse myself from sleep and force myself to get up. I spent an extra five minutes in the shower, see previous post, in order to wake myself. No such luck. Then I had to shave...with my new razor that I hate. With my contacts still blurry because my eyes still wanted to sleep, I knicked myself, twice. It wouldn't stop bleeding until the school day was almost over.
But, it felt good. Two week vacations are too long sometimes, and I needed to settle into routine again.
Mostly though, it means I can get back to writing. I am hoping that this year allows me to be thoughtful and creative in my blogging, if only to satisfy that inner drive to write.

3 Comments:

At 9:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to go back today, too. Wasn't it weird driving to school this morning with no traffic? I had forgotten it was a federal holiday until I was almost to school, but until then I was wondering where in the world everyone was.

 
At 8:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just hoping DS's first day back was better than the last day before vacation.

Started out with teachers, buses and teenagers getting caught in an ice storm that started just as they were all leaving. DS slid to school sideways and backwards and had a marvelous time of it, as only a 16 yr old boy can.
Then at 12:30pm a bomb threat was discovered in the girls' can and the school went into lockdown for two hours (all the better to blow up the kids together ;-), DS spent his time in 20th Century History, they watched the whole of Saving Private Ryan. In our district you can not watch the whole movie, just educational parts, but what the hell? Something to do whilst waiting to get blown up.

 
At 11:35 PM , Blogger vishal said...

ARE YOU FED UP BY SEARCHING FOR A GOOD COLLEGE AND GOOD EDUCATION ? DON’T WASTE YOUR VALUABLE TIME, WE PROVIDE YOU DETAILS OF GOOD EDUCATIONAL COLLEGES AND OUR EXPERTS WILL GIVE YOU GOOD COUNSELING ABOUT YOUR FUTURE AND WE ALSO PROVIDE A WIDE RANGE OF EDUCATIONAL AND GENERAL KNOWLEDGE BOOKS.SO GO AHEAD AND click here
HAVE A BRIGHT FURTRE.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home