Thursday, March 09, 2006

Please Vote!

The Pacific Northwest. Beautiful--in August. March--not so much. We've had some odd weather lately and everyone wants to talk about it: The Science Goddess, Hedgetoad, and KOMOTV.
Let me show my east coast bias (grew up in Connecticut). The rain and wind and strange weather is nothing compared to to a powerful nor'easter. But, as I live out here, I think I'll take a shot at naming the systems.

A Sunwindhailer rolled through this afternoon.
A Weatherroullette spun through this afternoon.
A PunchPac'er stormed through this afternoon.
An Ohcrapthe520willbeclosed sped through this afternoon.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the suggestion of a TV meteorologist who in the 1970s proposed that very severe storms hitting the Pacific Northwest be called "Columbo" after the still-remembered Columbus Day storm of 1962.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home