Thursday, April 12, 2007

No Dating Until You're 21


Good ole' Dennis at From the Trenches... recently posted about girls who seem to have everything going for them dating boys who seem to be a general waste of space. As the kind of guy who in high school had many girl friends, but never a girlfriend, I understood his observation.

Since I started teaching, all of those cry on my shoulder conversations from high school have helped me counsel many teenage girls whose boyfriends seem to be a general waste of space. Sometimes I think I ought to charge a small fee for the counseling sessions--at least to the repeat offenders.

Today, as my daughter--who will turn one next week--sleeps in the room next to my office (well, my office/guest room for my mother-in-law), I regularly fret over the possibility that I will have to counsel my own daughter away from boys who are a waste of space.

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM , Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

I have two daughters, and I have contemplated this problem many times, especially with my oldest kid, who seems to have made it her life's mission to make me crazy. I can see her becoming entranced by a total mouthbreather just to make me insane.

But no problemo-- I just keep a softball bat next to my door, and have I mentioned that my batting average is over .600? Let me assure you that I will make sure that those boys will know.

 
At 6:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steel yourself for those suspicious boyfriends. They're a-coming. And when she breaks up with one, get some tracing device for the obscene phone calls in the middle of the night, whilst he seeks solace with his a-hole pals.

 
At 3:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband starts to mutter about moats and walls when we think of our children being old enough to date.

BTW-great blog-I've added you to my blog roll

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home