Saturday, February 18, 2006

More from the Future College Students

"Children misunderstand adulthood to such an extent that they strive for it."

"A small child has just as much a tendency to be rational and patient as an eighteen year old girl or a seventy year old man. And, they have just as much a chance to be as irrational as a small child."

"The difference between a child and an adult is simply responsibility....No matter how old, the inner child speaks within our hearts, hoping, dreaming, and needing the happily ever after that we heard about when we were young."

"...everyone becomes an adult at at time unique to them....I truly believe there comes a day in everyone's life when they realize they've left childhood behind and entered adulthood. A sudden epiphany occurs when the person understands their true status in the world." (For me, it very well could have been the day my wife and I discovered we'd be having a child...but, it could really be the day that child arrives--9 weeks)

"I envied the kids with dads. They did not know how good they had it to have a dad they could hang out with, consult with, or to talk with about guy things."

"Growing up as the only girl in a neighborhood of older boys has had a great impact on my life....To this day, I cannot stand stupid, unathletic girls who have nothing better to say than 'omigod' and 'like, totally!'"
"...our childhood provides us with direction for the rest of our lives."

"If given the choice, I would not trade my experiences for anything. I am who I am because of the journey I have traveled."

"I'm 18 years old and caught in a world of confusion. Adulthood calls my name and childhood is saying goodbye. The decisions I'm faced with seem extreme. Life appears difficult and I'm nervouse the choices I make will cause me to fail....Parents have certain responsibilities to pursue. The most important one is, guiding their children to adulthood."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home