Thursday, July 19, 2007

Moron

Via Rhymes with Right, comes an intriguing dilemma facing the courts. And because I am not well read on legal matters, I will avoid, mainly, the issue of free speech on the internet. The issue that stood out to me was the foolishness of the administration.
So a student calls the central office administrators a "douche bag" on her personal blog. She wrote this at her home and not at school. I find it astounding that an administrator would react in such a petulant manner as to have the girl barred from student council and other idiotic punishments.
This moron, Principal Karissa Niehoff, has gone ahead and continued to propigate the image of teachers as waiting and ready to retaliate should a student say something bad about us. I wish insecure imbeciles like Niehoff would get out of education because they are not up to the task of teaching students.
So, Principal "DoucheBag," and we all know that WILL be your new name around school, take the correct action and apologize. It would do wonders for your image and ours collectively as well.

3 Comments:

At 12:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learning to laugh at students' comments is much better than getting all in a dither. Kids are going to say things. We as adults need to be adults. Yeah, the nickname will stick.

 
At 6:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, Andrew, I had to roll my eyes, because this reminds me of my junior year of high school -- Red Bank High School, lovely Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Flash back to 1971-1972.

I worked in the office first period. On the anniversary of the Kent State shootings, along with three of my good friends, I wore a black armband (made out of construction paper) to commemorate that anniversary.

As a result, W.G. Eldridge, the principal, (who was definitely a douche bag!) kicked me off the cheerleading squad. He said I didn't exhibit "proper school spirit."

Let's face it: Administrators can be idiots. Sometimes, I think it's a pre-req for the job.

Shaking my head.

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

I agree. That principal is an idiot.

It wasn't like the kid was threatening or anything. Deal with it like a grown-up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home